Sunday, October 16, 2011

Counting Down!

It's kind of hard for me to believe that in a few short days, I am heading to SE Asia for 8 months of adventure and travel!  What seemed like only a pipe dream back in February is quickly becoming my reality.  On Thursday, October 20th, I head to Thailand to teach English for 5 months, and then will be staying through June 2012 to travel around Asia.  I'm both excited and nervous to get things underway, and hope I have both the internet access and perseverance to keep this blog as up-to-date as possible :-)

I am teaching in Thailand through an organization called CIEE (www.ciee.org); I actually used CIEE years ago when I took a year off after college and traveled/worked in New Zealand and Australia.  CIEE provides a week-long orientation in Bangkok before sending us off to our cities/schools to teach for the semester.  Hello hot and humid; the first thing I am buying when I get off of the plane is a flat iron.


After orientation, I head to Chonburi, Thailand.  Chonburi is about 1.5 hours from Bangkok, and very close to the beaches on the gulf coast (yay)!  They sent me a few pictures of my accomodation; fairly basic, but the place has air conditioning, and really, that's all I needed to hear to make me happy.


I'll be teaching kindergarten and elementary school kids at the Prabhassorn Vidhaya School in Chonburi.  It's a private, co-ed school with approximately 30-45 (!) students per class; hope I can stuff enough silly bands into my suitcase to encourage good behavior!


Did you think I wouldn't put this song on here?  You know you love it.



Looking forward to updating from The Land of Smiles soon!  Until next time....Sawatdee!